see the goofy guy talking here> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj5a9rGqfoc
The following guide will help you get the most out of your new monitors!
- You should always have a fast limiter inline!!! This will protect your hearing from excessive volume peaks and save your monitors from a sudden spike resulting in blown drivers
- Always drop the cord behind your shirt if possible to avoid the cord being caught on anything
- Always return your monitors back to their case when not in use
Separate the left and right monitors. With your right hand, hold the right earpiece so that the cable points towards the ground. Now, pull up the pinna (outer ear) while inserting the canal tip of the earpiece into your ear canal. Slowly rotate the earpiece into place. The earpiece should almost seem to snap into place. The cord has a soft wire in the portion leading up to the ear piece. This allows you to manipulate the cord so that it bends up and over your ear similar to the ear-hook on a pair of eyeglasses. Tuck the cord around your ears.
Ways to care for and maintain monitors.
The following are a few simple guidelines that can greatly increase your listening enjoyment and the life span of your monitors.
- Wipe the earpiece with a soft cloth after each use
- Do not expose your monitors to temperature extremes (i.e. car dashboards in the summer)
- Never immerse your monitors in water. Never attempt to clean the ear canals with water! · Prevent strong impacts to your monitors (i.e. dropping or sharp blows)
- Always store your monitors in the provided case
- Never use anything to probe into the sound bore of the monitor except your provided cleaning tool
- Regularly check your monitors for earwax
- To remove excess cerumen (earwax) from the end of the sound bores, carefully use your cleaning tool and insert it into the canal to clear wax away.
Do not use the cord to remove the monitor from your ear
This will damage the wire.
The outside should be clean only with a soap and water solution or rubbing alcohol.
Keeping your monitors clean and in a safe environment will give you years of hearing satisfaction!
Detachable cord - do not remove cords after use.
This should only be done when needed…doing so will eventually loosen the plug.